Friday 15 March 2013

Calling for action for Haydon Bridge residents

This week I have written to boss of Homegroup, a housing management company, asking for an urgent meeting in the House of Commons.

I recently held a public meeting for residents of the Showfield estate in Haydon Bridge afterI was contacted by residents complaining of long delays for repairs, poor communication and little value for money. The issue of boilers was particularly raised at the public meeting.

I have asked the Chief Executive to meet me because quiet frankly the situation is not good enough. I am determined to get action to put things right for local residents.

The estate is managed mainly by Homegroup, who house over 120,000 people a year across the country. It is vital that we get these issues sorted out as quickly as possible. I am not prepared to let people suffer in silence. I hope we can agree an action plan for solving the outstanding issues and residents will be able to enjoy their homes.