Saturday 20 April 2013

Guest Post: Will Green, Haydon Bridge and Hadrian

I live in Haydon Bridge and I have been a Tyne Valley resident all my life. I have farmed and worked locally as a solicitor and seen the difficulties faced by local people. We need a strong voice for the future.
I am standing for election because I feel Haydon and Hadrian is becoming marginalised by a County Hall that ignores the concerns of our part of Northumberland.
I attended Haydon Bridge Technical School in the days of Edward Waite. The Haydon Bridge Partnership includes 17 schools and my priority will be to see that, whatever system is adopted, the necessary investment will follow and the views of the parents and the communities who support these schools will be heard at County Hall.

Jobs are the lifeblood of any community – farming, tourism and our local businesses need to be as free of interference as is possible to create income and jobs for all our benefit. I shall do all I can to support and promote local jobs at County Hall.
It is unfair that those of us who live here and shop in Hexham have to pay parking charges when it is free in Blyth and Ashington. The Conservatives have campaigned to end this inequality, and I shall be part of that campaign.
Many of you will have seen me on the campaign trail these last few months - whether it was at the Innerhaugh and Showfield residents meeting, fighting the recently proposed wind farm south of the Tyne, in the Village Hall and cafe in Gilsland or at Greenhead Market. All of you now have my leaflet, 5 key pledges, and details. Please feel free to get in touch. Best wishes, Will