Tuesday 5 May 2015

Tackling our roads crisis with investment

It may not seem a big issue to some people but here in our area the state of our local roads is a real important priority.
I am proud to have helped ensure that the County Council has the money it needs from central Government to fix our potholes and improve our roads. I helped secure an extra £5.6m additional roads funding for Northumberland in 2014 alone. That is more than for any other Council in the North East. I am working hard to ensure our potholes get fixed. 
I am also leading the campaign for safety improvements, and the long term dualling of the A69. We have got the feasibility study up and running and my thanks to all the campaigners. This work is needed not just for drivers but also to help pedestrians in towns and cyclists coming here as tourists.