Tuesday, 2 May 2017

Parliament has dissolved +all MPs and parliamentary offices are locked up from midnight tonight.

In Westminster, we all cease to be MPs and be able to handle casework as an MP, from midnight tonight, which means warning constituents that our MP offices are closed, but my staff and I will continue to try and assist, albeit we have no access to parliament. It means working out how we can provide an ongoing service without the benefit of an office etc.
If you have ongoing concerns or issues please contact me on teamoppy@gmail.com 
It also means marathon efforts to clear diaries, and I feel sorry for those who have organised important celebration or launch events in Parliament who are now told that their booking has been cancelled. As one contact e-mailed: “But I’ve just posted a hundred invitations!”

No comments:

Post a Comment