Monday 21 November 2011

Prudhoe High School Q&A

Back in the House of Commons this week after a really busy week in Northumberland. Before another week of Westminster blogging kicks off I just wanted to report back on one of the highlights from last week.


On Friday after spending some time with the Grassroots Team at Scotswood Community Garden, which we support with our Social Action team, I went off to Prudhoe High School for a Q&A with pupils.

Whenever an MP does one of these events said MP will always duly report that the children were polite and friendly.
Well I can honestly say, having done a number of these now, this was one of the best so far. Not only were the 6th Formers polite and friendly they were very engaging, their questions topped any edition of Question Time! From Tuition Fees to Feed In Tariffs they gave a me a good grilling on the issues of the day for around 85 minutes.
The Headteacher Dr Shaw is very proud of his pupils, and rightly so. I suspect I won't be the only one in the room who will stand for election!