Sunday 14 April 2013

Guest Post: Fiona Hunter, Bywell

I worked 35 years in the NHS. I live in Newton and was formerly on Tynedale District Council; I stood down to help my family, but am keen to get involved again to help our community in whatever way I can.
As a wife, mum and grandmother I know how difficult life can be in these tough times, whether in schooling, housing or health issues.
We live in a wonderful area here in the Bywell Divison (Ovingham, Ovington, Wylam, Newton and Horsley) and we want it to remain so. At present we are lucky with our schools, but I intend to ensure this remains so.
I am worried about the invasion of planning applications in the Green Belt, which could adversely affect us in many ways: I will support local people who face these problems, whether it is in Ovingham or elsewhere.

Hexham General Hospital is a great local asset and I shall be happy to help with any issues relating to its continuing services.
We have a few hubs of several businesses starting in our community and I pledge to support local businesses, especially by fighting to improve our broadband. As for the roads round here - do not get me started! This council has let us down badly. I am not and never will be a politician - but this election is about local people with local problems and ensuring that we get local solutions that really work.
I hope, if you elect me as your county councillor, I can help to improve my community to make it an even better and safer place to live.