Thursday 24 September 2015

Jobs Fair today! 10-4pm at the Beaumont in Hexham

I am taking my election pledge to drive down local unemployment into my own hands next week by hosting my first ever jobs fair! Whether you are out of work, about to enter the labour market or looking to change jobs I urge you to come along.

We have teamed up with 20 major local firms such as Egger, Waitrose, Punch Taverns and Homebase to offer a variety of different vacancies.

Despite Tynedale now having one of the lowest unemployment rates at just 1.3%, I want to see unemployment fall further in our area. I am delighted that this year's event will be supported by almost 20 major firms with local job vacancies. For anyone looking for a job, or about to enter the labour market, or looking for a new opportunity, then this will hopefully be a great event. I would urge any interested to drop in.

The event is being run in partnership with Hexham Job Centre Plus. Northumberland College will also be in attendance offering a range of skills training and apprenticeships.

Unemployment has fallen by by more than 50% over the last parliament. However there are still challenges ahead. The number of claimants is 149 lower than in June 2014 and 14 lower than in May 2015.

The event is free to attend and will take place between 10am and 4pm on Thursday, 24th September on a drop in basis.