Sunday 12 July 2009

The Big Pedal




Less than a week before I embark on some long hours in the saddle, as I cycle from Kielder, over Northumberland's rolling hills, winding my way down to Wylam, to support Tynedale FM and raise money for them.

It's a worthy cause, and I hope my saddle fitness from racing will come into play on the bike, although I suspect few people will be drawing comparisons with Lance Armstrong as I whizz along.

But you never know. More on the ride soon...

Put simply we depart Kielder at 10 on saturday and then go to
- Bellingham at 12 [may have to stop in the amazing bakery - loved the "sly slice" [I kid you not] there on saturday]
- wark at 1
- Humshaugh for lunch
- wall show / fete at 3
- hexham for the afternoon show at 4

SUNDAY:
- Hexham to corbridge then along the river to the Boatman in Wylam for beer and medals

Have been totally inspired by Armstrong, who is one of my heroes - his books are amazing if you have never read them- at 37 he is still in the mix in the tour de france. His clash in the Alps next weekend with Contador is going to be epic