Friday 29 November 2013

Review of the week

I always try and update on who I have met with during the week in westminster and I realise I have not had a chance to update on meetings with
- the police federation, with whom I had a good opportunity to listen to their concerns and requests with an all party group of MPs in London. I have today received an update from one of my local Inspectors in Tynedale so I will try and find the time to go the station and discuss ongoing developments with the Inspector and local constables before too long.
- Separately I was humbled to attend the Parkinsons Uk event in the House - the stories told were particularly moving. I also spoke briefly in the Water Bill debate, of which I will blog more later. Finally I popped by the "safer eyes, safer roads" campaign last week, which is a good campaign which I do support.
- Finally it does appear as if the Referendum Bill will go through today - notwithstanding the delaying tactics of many local Labour MPs.