Monday 12 January 2015

New Football Pitch at Ponteland Middle School - a great community investment

It was great to pop by the Ponteland Middle School last month and see the work being done on the football pitch there. Full story here in the Morpeth Herald. I am looking to play in the charity game when the pitch is finished.
http://www.morpethherald.co.uk/news/local-news/mp-s-high-praise-for-school-s-big-pitch-project-1-7009434

I raised this in the House of Commons in November:
Guy Opperman (Hexham, Conservative)
As a cricketer, I echo the sympathies for the wonderful Phil Hughes, whose loss is tragic.
I welcome the announcement that Ponteland middle school will have a new artificial grass football pitch funded by the Premier League, the Football Association and Sport England. May I urge the DCMS to carry out an audit of all my constituency so that other pitches may be installed very soon?
            
Helen Grant (The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport; Maidstone and The Weald, Conservative)
I am delighted that Ponteland community middle school has been successful in its application. Artificial pitches are amazing and increase participation, community involvement and talent development, which is how we will grow the game. I am happy to look, with my hon. Friend, at what scope there might be for further projects.