Monday 7 September 2015

Westminster this week:

The first week back of the autumn term is genuinely packed. I will blog more on specific aspects but we start this afternoon with a statement by the PM, and the remaining stages of the European Referendum Bill, which will be debated until 10; the rest of the week sees the implementation of the various budget measures in the Finance Bill and the start of the committee on the welfare reform bill. Wednesday sees PMQs and a SNP opposition day debate, whilst Thursday I have a morning interview on itv tyne tees, church commissioners questions to help with and a plethora of further events and meetings in the commons. I am gutted that I am not able to make the tour of Britain cycle race in Northumberland. Friday I will be in the commons for the assisted dying debate as part of the consideration of the private members bills. I shall be voting in favour of the assisted dying bill, albeit it is a free vote.
I have also got a large number of meetings with constituents, and am meeting several North East organisations who are attending the commons to meet with me. It is a very busy week.