Sunday 13 March 2016

Cheltenham, reforming the Levy, Victoria Pendelton + more

The best news is the developments on a fair tax for the bookmakers who benefit from racing. This should give a long term future to racing, which provides hundreds of thousands of jobs in the UK and Ireland. This is the result of a long effort by many people but I am pleased the government are sorting this.
Sadly I cannot go to Cheltenham this year, as I am stuck in Westminster, although I will be glued to the highlights; I am a massive supporter of the Victoria Pendelton fox hunters challenge. She is a great advert for racing and the Corinthian spirit. I hope to be racing myself later in the season. 
As to Cheltenham tips the best advice to double your money is to fold your money and put it back in your pocket but here goes for a couple of steers:
- Gold Cup: Cue Card is a big price for a great horse. He carries my money. Djakadam also has a great shout. Who ruby Walsh rides will be a big guide to which of the many Mullins horses is most fancied. 
- Champion Hurdle: Annie power is way too short odds, for a great horse who has not run in this sort of company before. Bet against her. I like the new one or old guard each way. 
- Cole harden in the world hurdle is a good prospect. 
- Balthazar King is a great each way prospect in the cross country chase
And finally the last televised race is the Foxhunters. Vicki Pendelton will not win although she has a lovely ride. She will find the race goes a stride quicker than anything she has ever done before. But I will be cheering her all the way! It is the amateur riders Gold Cup and she is both very lucky and a great ambassador.