Monday 25 June 2018

Cycling for a good cause

As a keen cyclist myself, I always admire people who use their passion for cycling to do something good. At the recent Haydon 100 race, I met Bob and was really interested to hear about an upcoming ride he and friends are doing in aid of Tynedale Hospice at Home. The group will cycle from Matfen to Bamburgh and back, taking in some of Northumberland’s most beautiful scenery on a two-day route of around 130 miles. The cyclists are hoping to raise £2000 for Tynedale Hospice at Home, a charity very close to my heart, which delivers essential help to families in their own homes, with nursing care, transport and bereavement support offered to those in need. The link to donate is below- if you can, please do support them. I wish everyone the best of luck with the ride and I congratulate them on such a remarkable effort.