Sunday 27 October 2013

A working weekend and the calm before the storm here in Northumberland

Since arriving on Thursday I have been out and about every day, and with events on all 3 evenings - in Prudhoe Friday night, and on Thursday and Saturday in Ponteland - albeit last nights concert in aid of the great north air ambulance and children north east was a pleasure. True credit to the Pont Charity Group, and particularly Bruce for making it happen. I will report on the Haltwhistle day on Friday in due course, when I can download the pictures, but my thanks to everyone at Sainsburys, in particular.
Today is very much the calm before the storm - a crystal clear still and sunlit autumn morning... With the threat of serious weather on the way. I am off to the Falcons Rugby today before an earlyish train back to London as I have a big week tomorrow with lots of home office work.
Please remember to check the weather forecast tomorrow if the storm does come and be careful. Storms like this can be a killer.