Tuesday 10 March 2015

Cheltenham is the promised land for all jockeys, but only highlights / naps for me this week

My tips for this week:
- today: the champion hurdle is a race to watch, not bet upon, but Faugheen should win. I like Un de Sceaux in the Arkle, but he is no odds. Qewy is a good each way shot in the opening.

- Gold Cup on Friday I have to plug Many Clouds from my friends Oliver Sherwood's yard. I saw him when I rode out in his yard a few weeks ago and he will definitely be in the frame. Lovely big strapping 3 mile chaser. Would prefer it softer but will give you a great run for your money and jumps superbly.
- For tips, I like Any Currency in the cross country tomorrow, and Monetaire in the Plate on Thursday.

If I could ride any horse other than Many Clouds this week it would be a revitalised Sprinter Sacre in the Champion Chase. Here's hoping I will be race riding next year!