Friday 2 August 2019

Great news for Hexham schools

I am passionate about ensuring that every child receives the best education, so I am delighted that my long campaign for a new school in Hexham is making great progress. Over the past nine years I have been one of many voices calling for major investment to improve Queen Elizabeth High School and Hexham Middle School, and it is fantastic news that the contractor for the £37 million project to build new buildings is set to be approved next week. It is hoped that the new schools will be ready to open in September 2021. 

The funding for this project is being provided by Northumberland County Council and the Department for Education. This really is a true partnership of local councillors and the government working together to support Hexham, and I am confident that the future is positive for our Hexham schools.