Tuesday 7 January 2020

A visit to Hexham Hospital

I recently visited Hexham General Hospital, where I was able to spend time with the fantastic doctors, nurses and midwives hard at work on the hospital's many wards. As part of my visit, I was able to visit the Maternity Ward where I met one of Hexham's newest residents!

It is important to remember that this time of year is always especially difficult for our hospitals and emergency services. The team at Hexham General Hospital strongly advise that you get your flu jab this winter, particularly if you are aged over 65, a pregnant woman or have an underlying health condition or weakened immune system. Please also remember to only call 999 in case of a serious emergency- over 40% of calls made to 999 don't need to be taken to hospital. For urgent medical advice instead call 111 or visit 111.nhs.uk.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/