Friday 19 March 2010

Frank Field would join a Tory governemnt

Regulars attenders of the dozens of public events we have had will know of my admiration for Frank Field; now it seems that he has made it clear that he would serve in a Tory Government post election

Frank Field's interview yesterday, http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/5064018.Frank_Field___If_the_Tories_want_to_talk_to_me_about_a_job__I_will_be_happy_to_/ in which he said he would be happy to serve in a Conservative government, has predictably set the left and right alight. Frank Field is a great parliamentarian. He's an original thinker. He may not share my core politics, but he commands huge respect from people all over the political spectrum. I cannot say I am a fan of appointing politicians from other parties in to ministerial office, but if David Cameron chose to offer Frank Field a job, I suspect there wouldn't be many of us who would demur.