Monday 13 January 2014

Westminster this week

Today I am meeting Ed Twiddy, head of the North East Local Enterprise Partnership, and discussing how we can bring more jobs, a University Technical College and even more apprenticeships to the North Eastand then there is the usual Monday Home Office Ministers Meeting, followed by various meetings in the  House; on Tuesday I have a meeting with the Dementia Friends team to understand better the work that they are doing, and how we can do more in Northumberland. I also will be welcoming Graham Usher to the House of Commons and introducing him to the many new MPs he has to look after in his new role as Bishop of Dudley. Finally on Tuesday I and other colleagues are seeing the Prime Minister. On Wednesday we have an Opposition day debate in the House of Commons. Thursday I have a busy day catching up on loads of correspondence and answering constituents queries. I am in the House this Friday once again with Home Office and Private Members Bills from 9.30 on Friday morning. In particular I am looking forward to helping to guide the Armed Forces Citizenship Bill through its last stage in the Commons. It will be a key part in fulfilling the military covenant.