Saturday 7 November 2015

Packed weekend ahead but Remembrance Sunday I shall be in Prudhoe - make sure you pay your respects wherever you are


This Sunday I shall be in Prudhoe, paying my respects to our fallen servicemen and women both in church and outside. I rotate my attendance so that I go to a different major town every few years. I will be returning for the civic lunch organised in Hexham after the church service and 11am commemoration. Wherever you are I urge you to go to church or your local war memorial to say thank you, and that we will never forget. Today I am helping to choose our police and crime commissioner candidate for the May 2016 election and then conducting an action day meeting local voters.
The photo to the right I took this week where the RBL volunteers are assembling the poppy garden outside Westminster Abbey. There are special designated areas for our local regiments, notably the RA and RHA who presently occupy Albemarle Barracks.