Wednesday 17 July 2013

All Party Group on Green Belt - pleased to be made Secretary of the parliamentary group

Went to my first meeting in the House of Commons two days ago, along with members of the the Campaign to Protect Rural England and Civic Voice and other concerned organisations and several MPs.
Locally we believe that we have the ability to provide the development we need on brownfield sites before allowing any green belt development. I constantly point to the excellent developments at the former Hospital sites at Stannington and Prudhoe and the upcoming development of the old police site in Ponteland.
I have supported all 3 wholeheartedly. The key is to have the right development in the right place with the right make up of the housing mix. More details of the meeting and a fuller report on what we are doing on housing to follow in the next week or so when I can catch my breath.