Monday 1 July 2013

The week ahead in westminster - the Europe referendum vote on Friday dominates

The Finance Bill and the big European vote on Friday dovetail this week, with plenty in between. On monday we will be busy with home office matters and a late night, when voting will finish between 11-12. I hate late votes but they go with this job from time to time.
On tuesday I have Justice questions, with Chris Grayling, and am then making a presentation on regional banking to assorted think tanks and journalists at the 5pmevent organised by Jonathan Isaby and others. On wednesday I will be meeting arriva in the house and rasing bus problems. I have 2 appointments in Downing Street in the week and also hope to get into Defra questions on Thursday. Friday is the European vote for a referendum and then at 3.30 I will be sprinting for the train to make it in time for the big regional dinner we are having at st James park Friday night. I am not speaking but The Attorney General, Dominic Grieve, MP, will be. Looking forward to it.