Monday 2 February 2015

Westminster this week: Broadband Meeting with BT, Mitochondrial Donation debate & F40 Funding dominate

Today at 5 I meet BT once again to discuss broadband roll out, with particular reference to the Matfen area, but also raising other recent complaints. It clashes on an update on UK policy in the Middle East but I am going to try and meet the Minister later. Tuesday I have a Schools Funding meeting to discuss how we can take the F40 Fairer Funding Campaign forward.

;Later that afternoon I hope to speak in support of the Mitochondrial Donation Regulations. I am a Christian but I have no difficulty supporting this important reform which will save lives. I blogged on this last week:  http://guyopperman.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/i-strongly-support-pioneering-research.html

Wednesday is international development and Prime Ministers Questions followed by a debate on apprenticeships. I will try and speak.
As always, there is plenty of Home Office business all week, starting with the Monday meeting with the Home Secretary.