Tuesday 15 October 2019

My thoughts on the end of Barclays withdrawals from the Post Office

When Barclays closed many of their branches - particularly in rural areas - they made a promise that customers would be able to withdraw money from any Post Office. 

This week they announced that they are ending the ability for customers to access free cash from the Post Office. This is simply not acceptable, and I am extremely concerned about the impact this will have on our rural communities.

I met with Kate from the Bellingham Post Office to sign her petition, as well as Eileen from Kirkwhelpington Post Office, and both expressed their concerns about what this will mean for our rural communities.

I will be meeting with Barclays in London to protest this decision, and many of my MP colleagues across the country will be doing the same.