Sunday 29 November 2020

Investing in education at Haltwhistle Primary School

The Hexham constituency is home to so many incredible schools, and I was pleased to recently be able to visit a great local school that is looking forward to a bright future.

Haltwhistle Primary School is currently undergoing a full multi-million pound refurbishment and I was delighted to be given a tour of the school by Headteacher Susie Drake and local County Councillor Ian Hutchinson to see for myself how the work is coming together. 

 

The school is part of the group of WISE Academies and is expected to open in Spring 2021. 

 

It was fantastic to see the impact of this significant investment in the education of our local children from Northumberland County Council. The new and improved facilities will make a huge difference not only for pupils and staff, but for the wider local community as well. The refurbishment really is progressing brilliantly and I was so impressed by what I saw. 

 

I have no doubt that Haltwhistle Primary School is set for a positive future!