Tuesday 19 December 2017

Thumbs up!

One of my highlights of 2017 was the success of my third annual Tynedale Jobs Fair. Nearly 50 businesses and employers were there looking to recruit, and I recently met Jackie Bell who has been offered full-time employment at the Beaumont Hotel in Hexham after completing her work placement with the Returneeships scheme who attended the Jobs Fair. I went to the Beaumont Hotel to meet Jackie and hotel owner Roger Davy, and it was great to see for myself one of the success stories of the Jobs Fair. Jackie joins Helen Walker who also gained employment at the Beaumont after attending the Jobs Fair in September.

Returneeships is a pre-employment project aiming to boost employability skills among people over 40 to help them return to work and run by Northumberland based Release Potential. It is a fantastic scheme, aimed at helping older workers return to work, and I would strongly encourage you to consider the Returneeships programme if you are looking to return to work- like Jackie you could find yourself back in full-time employment!