Thursday 2 April 2015

Working together as a team

For me politics is a team game. You have to be able to work together to get the best for your local community. That is why I am so lucky to have the support of the fantastic group of people below. They are the Conservative County Councillors who represent local people in my patch from Haltwhistle and Halton Lea Gate in the West, to Stannington in the East, where we were yesterday afternoon. The fact those two communities are about 45 miles apart gives you idea of the scale of my constituency!

Councillors, of all party colours, and none, often work tirelessly for their local community, and often without the fanfare a General Election can create. I know I wouldn't have been able to have achieved half the things I did as the MP for the Hexham constituency without their hard work and support.
Between us we have also literally spoken to thousands upon thousands of local people - making sure we as a team are working on the issues that really matter.

Over the next few weeks, as they have done for the last few months, they will also be giving up their time, and shoe leather, to help me in the election. For that, I owe them a very big thank you. I am very proud to have their support. They are good people.