Tuesday 11 December 2018

Unveiling my 2018 Christmas Card...

School children across the Hexham constituency answered my call to send me their most festive creations as part of my 2018 Christmas Card Competition, and I was delighted to welcome this year's winner, Ailsa Westgate from Wylam First School, to Westminster. Ailsa, her sister Elspeth and her dad Tom were able to see the magnificent Kielder Christmas tree and to look around Parliament. We were joined by the sponsors of the competition, Alan and Eileen Ferguson of Fergusons of Blyth.

Ailsa's card really did stand out, featuring the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben in its design. The card will now be sent out to people including the Prime Minister and other members of the Cabinet. Thank you again to Fergusons for very kindly sponsoring the competition, and congratulations to Ailsa!