Friday 9 August 2019

Highlights of the summer so far...

Parliament is currently in recess, which has given me a great opportunity to spend as much time as possible in the Hexham constituency. Here are just a few of the visits I have made in the past couple of weeks:

It was great to meet Team 2 Northumberland from the National Citizen Service at Dene Grange Care Home in Hexham. I am a great admirer of the NCS programme and I cannot recommend it highly enough to local young people.

I went along to Acomb Court Care Home in Hexham where residents were being treated to one of their regular visits from two of WAG and Company's Friendship Dogs. It was wonderful to see the joy that the two dogs brought to residents. WAG and Company is holding a fundraising sponsored walk at Kielder on 28th September 2019. If you would like to get involved you can find out more and register here- https://www.wagandcompany.co.uk/fundraise/register-walk-for-wag/

I also paid a visit to the Northumberland Cheese Company in Blagdon to see their fantastic shop and dairy. It's a really great local business- definitely worth a visit!