Monday 10 June 2013

Reflections on the County Show

Two weeks on and it is right to celebrate the many successes of the County Show, and to thank all those who put in so much effort to make it happen - not least the show team, the hosts the Allendales, and all the stewards, judges, volunteers and standholders. I had a great day.
It is clear that we need the Stocksfield Station road fixed and that access was an issue this year but I am certain these minor glitches will be resolved next year. For my part I could not have got through the day without my capable sidekick Susan who worked tirelessly [again as a volunteer] to make sure the standholders had everything they wanted
I am seen pictured with the outdoor stand winners, the NFU, who produced a fantastic interactive and live animal stand that had purists and kids all fascinated. They were deserved winners.