Friday 14 February 2014

Prudhoe High School will still get it's rebuild

Good news! Michael Gove wrote back to me this week, in a letter which makes it clear that the rebuild will go ahead:
The letter includes the following: "I am aware of the urgent need to address the condition of the existing buildings at the school, and the school's inclusion in the Priority School Rebuilding Programme, as confirmed in 2012. I am pleased to tell you that my department and I fully support the school's improvement, and will continue to work closely with governors and all staff to ensure the parents and pupils of Prudhoe have access to the best education we can provide."
Gove assures us that the rebuilding programme will be proceeding.  
The local Journal reports the news as follows:
http://www.thejournal.co.uk/news/north-east-news/michael-gove-pledges-troubled-prudhoe-6704107