Friday 15 September 2017

Back British Farming!


Earlier this week was Back British Farming Day organised by the National Farmers Union and it was fantastic to see the day so well supported in Parliament. I was proud to wear my pin badge in support of Back British Farming Day during Prime Minister’s Questions to highlight and celebrate the huge contribution that British farmers make in producing our food. The UK’s farmers are a vital part of the food and drink sector, which is worth £109 billion and employs 3.8 million people all over the country.

In the seven years that I have been an MP I have enjoyed many visits to members of the farming community across Tynedale and Ponteland, who are such an important part of life in the constituency. A farmer’s life is full of challenges and as always I would like to encourage farmers to contact my office in case of any issues or concerns.


For more information about the work done by farmers all over the country and how you can support the farmers in our community, visit https://www.nfuonline.com/home/