Monday 12 March 2012

At work in westminster - but Cheltenham racing might be on in the background this week!

Everyone knows I am overweight former jockey, and this week it is Cheltenham - the Olympics of steeplechasing. Sadly I have had to turn down an invite to go to the Gold Cup on Friday but at the risk of losing all your money here would be my tips for the festival [in truth if you want to double your money fold it and put it back in your pocket]:
Tuesday:
- Montbazon in the novices opener for alan king
- Binocular each way in the Champion Hurdle - McCoy will be giving everything hes got
- Wedger Pardy in the cross country [jockey went the wrong course last time]

Friday is Gold Cup day: I will be glued to the TV at 3.15 to see Kauto Star beat Long Run which is my romantic choice, with Midnight Legend a good bet for a place. De Boitron is a good bet in the last race
Now do not blame me if you lose your shirt but many years ago I used to be a tipster and I do like all these horses!
Good news is female jocvkeys like Lucy Alexander are breaking into the ranks, and may have a winner, and here's hoping the whip rules bed down and cause no problems.
When all is said and done - of course I am having a bet or two...
PS
If you are fiscally conservative and have an eye on the budget next Tuesday then doubtless you will have money on a nice horse called Quantitative Easing in the 2.40 on Tuesday