Sunday 10 November 2013

Westminster this week

Tomorrow I have an early start in Westminster, with a stack of casework for constituents; I also have to write my monthly Morpeth Herald column, the regular Home Office Monday meeting with the boss, and education questions at 2.30. I would like to speak in the rehabilitation of offenders bill in the late afternoon / evening session but may not be able to spend the 5 hours required in the chamber, although my book "Doing Time" specifically is based upon the need for rehab post release, the need for Payment by results, and the importance of multi agency work to combat a relapse into crime.
On Tuesday I have the immigration Bill committee all day, and a couple of other meetings squeezed in at lunchtime. On Thursday I am travelling north for a day in Haltwhistle followed by a full day for children in Need on Friday. Saturday I have a busy constituency day followed by a dinner with Martin Callanan, our MEP in Hexham, with dozens coming.