Friday 26 December 2014

Congratulations to The Brain Tumour Charity, Angie's Fund and Gina Tillotson for their fundraising efforts at the Lord Crewe Arms

Having suffered a brain tumour I am a big supporter of the various charities raising money for research and better diagnosis of such hard to treat conditions as brain tumours; many of my ward died whilst I was in my NHS hospital, the National Neurological and Neurosurgical Hospital in Queens Square, London. I have previously raised money by walking Hadrian's Wall, and all proceeds of my book, Doing Time, are given to brain tumour research.
The event that took place last month in Blanchland raised over £10,000, and whilst I could not go I am pleased to say that the book, and a few add ons, went for over £200. This was part of a packed programme of donations, commitments and offers available on the night and full credit to Gina Tillotson, and all the team behind the event. I was pleased, in a very small way, to help.
Full details of the charity and what it is trying to do here: http://www.thebraintumourcharity.org/supporter-groups/angies-fund