Monday 2 December 2013

Westminster this coming week

First up today is Home Office Questions at 2.30 in the Commons. We are also passing the Mesothelioma Bill through the House of Commons as well. I have represented those who have suffered from the affects of this terrible disease arising out of asbestos poisoning, and am pleased it is the Coalition government that is passing this into law. I am also looking forward to welcoming the Norethumberland team behind local business, Jaspers Dog Treats, who are down in the House of Commons this afternoon for the Ready For Business Awards, of which I will blog more later.
On Tuesday I am also meeting my clinical commissioning group leader and the head of the ambulance trust for meetings, whilst on Thursday we have the Autumn Statement. I have made the case to the Chancellor on several issues in meetings I have had with him, in particular the cost of fuel.
Aside from all this I have several key constituency casework meetings, and a load of Home Office work to do.